One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October CAS Mix-Up Challenge

I decided to make this a Christmas kind of card!  I pulled out two Tim Holtz stencils.
the first stencil is part of a three mini stencil pack and it has holly on it, so I used a light green and dabbed on the color. Then I used a Dot Fade stencil over the holly with a Teal color.  I stamped and embossed my sentiment on the same teal paper .
thanks Loll and Bonnie for the fun challenge and for providing the videos for the technique!





Heart Hugs, friends!



4 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet Christmas card Colleen!! Great mix of stencils. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Very clever to add the little berry dots over the holly. It made a great Christmas card!

Bonnie said...

You've layered these stencils very well, Colleen! I love the teal and light green for a Christmas card! I wouldn't have thought of it but I'll be using it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Unknown said...

A wonderful Christmas card using the holly and dots stencils. Pretty color choices! Thank you for joining in on my CAS mix up challenge this month Colleen! Julia xx