One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Color Throwdown # 449

Hi friends!
Well 8th grade graduation is done and high school graduation is done and so is the party I had for my grandson who finished the high school years!  Now I can kick back and relax and enjoy the garden and clean patio...watch the hummers and the butterflies and the beautiful dragonflies zip around the yard! I need to get busy on some card making because I am going to be gone a lot this summer!
I will be home the third week in July but gone again until August 14...I will keep you posted on my whereabouts through FB if you are interested!
So this card is for the Color Throwdown Challenge.
 
I used watercolor paper and my zigs to color the flowers and leaves.  The little berry balls were actually colored with the orange distress ink pens.  My sentiment is from the PTI Pen & Ink.
Yes, my gingham (An MFT stamp from Textile Background) is brown, stamped with PTI chocolate brown as is the sentiment.  It does look a little black in the picture, but it isn't. 

Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous card my friend. And colored so beautifully.

Birgit said...

Beautiful Colleen! What a wonderful color palette to play with. Your coloring is gorgeous! Enjoy your summer!!

Brenda in IN said...

I love gingham and it made a cute base for the flowers. Your coloring is beautiful. Sounds like a fun summer with lots going on. Enjoy!

Patti said...

Oh how I LOVE gingham!! this card is so sweet it speaks of summer fun and relaxing which I'm glad you will be getting to do plenty of! : ) The coloring of your flowers is so perfect. I have a similar floral image that you've made me want to give some Ziggy love to!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Patti

Maria said...

Lovely orange flowers and wonderful gingham background for your pretty card! Safe travels to you this summer, have fun!!

Loll said...

What a fantastic design, Colleen. Love the gingham bottom and the beautiful spray of flowers. xx

Vickie Z said...

Great design!! Love those flowers and the gingham background!! So happy you joined us at CTD!